|Spoiler Alert: The following article has information not currently present in the anime or manga. Do not proceed unless you want to be spoiled. |
Luli (瑠璃 Ruri?) formerly known as The Azure Monarch (蒼帝 Soutei?) is a companion and contracted beast of Touya on his journey. She is one of the Four Heavenly Beasts and also the leader of the Dragons.
Luli is described to be a huge blue dragon, but like the other Four Heavenly Beasts, she is usually seen in a smaller form.
She is shown to have an extremely calm and rational personality as opposed to some of the other Divine Beasts. However, she can be quite cynical and harsh at times.
Luli was summoned by Touya Mochizuki in order to deal with the dragon problem. Upon her arrival she was surprised to see her fellow Divine Beasts were the ones who had aided in her summoning.
The White Emperor and one of the Four Heavenly Beasts. She is shown to have a difficult relationship with her due to their opposing personalities.
- Intimidation Aura: She is able to release a suppressing aura that renders all individuals who have lower magic level immobile in respect to the divine beast.
- Long-Ranged Telepathic Communication: She is able to make telepathic communication with her master and among the divine beasts regardless the distance. She also able to include other people into this communication line.
- Form Transformation: She is able to change her menacing true form appearance into cute young dragon form (Child Form) and back as she pleased.
- Fire Breath: Like other Dragons, Luli has the ability to breath fire. Her flames are blue in color.
- Due to their contrasting personalities she has a somewhat difficult relationship with Kohaku.
- Her Japanese name, Ruri (瑠璃), is the Japanese word for the gemstone Lapis Lazuli, while her english name is a contraction of that same stone.
- During her first visit to the Reverse World she mentions to Touya that she can assume a human form as well but sees doing so as waste of time.